Interested in volunteering at the Chautauqua County Humane Society? Volunteers are needed on an ongoing basis at the shelter, at Second Chances Thrift Store and various Special Events! Children must be nine years or older and accompanied by an adult until the age of fifteen. For a complete list of duties available and an application, click the following links:
Download the paper volunteer application here, complete and submit it to:
Chautauqua County Humane Society
Attn: Rachel Johnson
2825 Strunk Rd
Jamestown, NY 14701
Currently we are looking for:
CCHS is currently looking for Volunteers to help the Animal Care Department with daily cleaning tasks.
Laundry, Dishes, Light Cleaning, Mopping, Windows
· Weekday Morning or Early Afternoon Availability Preferred
· Ability to Handle Unpleasant Animal Care Situations (ie. blood, feces, vomit)
· Able to Meet Physical Requirements (ie. stand, sit, push, pull, lift, climb)
We are also looking for:
The CCHS Spay/Neuter Clinic is currently looking for Volunteers to serve as Clinic Assistants.
· Morning to Mid-afternoon Availability on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays
· Ability to Handle Unpleasant Clinic Situations (ie. blood, feces, vomit)
· Basic Computer Data Entry Skills
· Capability of Keeping Up in a Fast Paced Environment
· Able to Meet Physical Requirements (ie. bend, lift, carry hold)
· Team Player and Willingness to Learn
· Focused and Attention to Detail
· Professionalism, as position deals with public
· Desire to Help Pets and the People Who Love Them
Orientations for new volunteers are offered on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to the first 25 who sign up. Orientation dates are available on our website calendar or by calling Rachel Johnson at 665-2209 ext 210.