Volunteer Coordinator Position
Seeking Candidates for our open Volunteer Coordinator Position
The Chautauqua County Humane Society has an opening for a part-time Volunteer Coordinator
(approx. 15 hours/week).
The CCHS Volunteer Coordinator will manage and expand the volunteer base, including placement, training, and recognition of volunteers.
The Volunteer Coordinator must be a self-starter who can function independently to interview potential volunteers and match them with appropriate tasks, hold general orientations for new volunteers, manage and interpret volunteer data, serve as the primary liaison between staff and volunteers, and participate in fundraising activities and special events.
The requirements are:
· Customer service experience
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office and an ability to quickly learn new software
· Ability to work occasional weekends and/or evenings
· Strong communication skills including the ability to speak clearly and listen effectively
· Ability to use good judgment in decision-making and solution-finding
· Meet the physical requirements of the job that may include frequent stooping, bending, carrying, standing, sitting, and walking
· The consistent use of humor, patience, and good will in working with a diverse group of people
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Animal handling experience
· Experience as a volunteer
We offer a flexible schedule and the rate of pay is $13.00 an hour. Participation in our group dental and eye care plans as well as our Simple IRA plan are available.
Those who meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our enthusiastic and dedicated team are welcome to send a detailed cover letter and resume to Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.